At the beginning of January, for the first time in my life I sat down and really seriously thought about my January goals and where I wanted to be at the end of January. It’s safe to say that it was hard to change so much so quickly and I struggled to stick to the goals I set. So, now at the end of the month I have taken the time to reflect on where I went wrong and where I can improve going into Feb. However… One thing I didn’t plan for in January was starting a blog – yet here we are – which I think is quite an achievement.
The reason I don’t think I hit my January goals is because I didn’t keep on referring back to them throughout the month so they got a bit lost in the noise as the month went on! In Feb, I’m going to take the time every Sunday to write my main goals an intentions for the week that will help me hit my monthly goals.
Goals for Feb:
- Career: Read more media articles to give me a more holistic view of media
- Career: Say no to Zoom calls/Teams messages if I am busy
- Career: Write 3 blog posts a week
- Personal: Read two books
- Personal: Do all PT workouts
- Personal: Listen to 2 Podcasts a week
- Personal: Build a solid morning routine
- Health: Have 3 protein smoothies a week
- Financial: Save £XXX
These are my main goals for Feb, therefore on a Sunday night I will prepare myself for the following week to make sure I hit those goals, I will do that by:
- Printing off the media articles I will read that week so they are easily to hand
- Write my blog post schedule for the week
- Set a goal of reading 15 pages a day
- Plan the podcasts I will read that week
Taking the time to do this on a Sunday will SET ME UP FOR SUCCESS throughout the week.
How do you set your goals? Do you have any tips on how I can improve mine?
Thanks for reading, Chloe x