This post is coming a bit late as I completely forgot I had drafted it! But I hope in the final weeks (hopefully) of lockdown it helps!
During the first lockdown in the UK I foolishly told my dad ‘only boring people get bored’ and therefore I literally could not utter the words ‘I’m bored’ for the entire lockdown – this has now continued into lockdown 2 and then 3. Also, I don’t have Netflix and that is a top way of easing boredom so I think surviving lockdown without it is quite an achievement. Too be honest though it was a bit of a blessing in disguise not having Netflix, I tried so many different things so below I’m going to share a couple:
- Workouts – self explanatory but essential to ease boredom. Write yourself a work out and do it and do it really slowly to make it take up as much time as possible
- Go on walks – the one thing we are allowed to do – yay!
- Try some new hobbies – I picked up cycling in the 1st lockdown, I’d never done it before but what an easy way to kill 3/4 hours on a Sunday! I also tried a bit of sewing – and made some really cute homemade bunting for my room.
- Revisit old hobbies – painting! I hadn’t painted since 6th form. I had all the stuff for it lying round my house and watched a video on how to paint a sunflower and just copied the tutorial.
- Read a book
- Clear out your wardrobe – this is always a much bigger task than you expect and can genuinely EASILY fill up the whole weekend
- Plan and cook a delicious evening meal for your family.
These are some of the things I did throughout all of the lockdowns to stop me from going completely mad! Everyone is different though and don’t feel like you need to be productive by learning a new hobby! Sometimes I just sit in front of the mirror and spend hours doing my make up to pass the time, but I really do try to find things to do that don’t involve scrolling on my phone or watching Netflix. So, if you’re looking to fill the long hours with a bit more fun I hope these help.
Also, if you’re worried that a weekend coming up is going to be really boring, plan your weekend out and make sure you have something to look forward too. Even if that is just having a really nice relaxing bath with candles.
If you have any other tips or ways to keep from getting bored, leave a comment below!
Hope you’re doing ok and thanks for reading, Chloe x