The daffodils in the garden have started blooming, and if you live in the UK that can only mean one thing, that Spring is here! I definitely think that Spring and Autumn, the ‘inbetween’ seasons, are my favourite – so I thought I’d do a post about all the things I’m looking forward to this Spring
- The days getting longer – with the clocks going forwards this Sunday HOW could I not put this point as number 1. Second to daffodils, the clocks going forwards are another sure sign that summer has arrived.
- Blossom on trees – I feel like such an old woman saying this, but I cannot wait for blossom. Lockdown definitely made you appreciate the smaller things in life and I remember looking out of my windows last year and thinking how in such a terrible time the blossom really seemed to perk everything up.
- Eating/drinking alfresco – I mean, I did eat alfresco in December last year for the first time which was QUITE the experience and very very cold, but I cannot wait to go out for dinner, or sit in a pub garden (!!) with my pals, without having to be wearing 100s of layers.
- The hum of your fan on the first hot night of the year – I sleep with a fan on all year round (I find the noise really relaxing) but there is something about having a fan on, the windows open and your curtains blowing in the wind when you try to fall asleep on the first hot night of the year which I LOVE. That is when it officially feels like summer.
- Not having to layer up clothes – The days of leaving the house with a thousand layers and tights and hats and gloves are nearly here and I CANNOT wait.
- Pints/picnics in the park – one thing we did do last year which I loved was not having to go overly glamorous things. Spending time in parks rather than going to fancy restaurants became the norm and I was very much here for it.
- Spending more time outside – last year I spent more time outside that I have ever done in my life. Whether that be a Saturday cycle ride, a long walk or a paddleboard after work, I cannot wait for the days to get longer and the temperature to get warmer so I don’t have to spend my evenings inside!
What are you most looking forward to this Spring and Summer?
Thanks for reading, Chloe x